We identify the scope and extent of the risk to the client by assessing:
- the origins of the risk;
- the motivations behind the government’s actions (or inaction);
- the key influencers (both internal and external) on the government’s decision making process;
- the legislative, regulatory and policy basis for the government’s actions;
- the process, if any, the government has to follow to achieve its goals in its role as legislator, regulator, or negotiating partner;
- the effort, if any, the client has made to prevent the actions taken by the government or mitigate their impact once they have occurred.