Our approach to identifying, managing, and overcoming political and regulatory risks has led to a number of successful outcomes for our clients:
- Engaging proactively with European Commission officials and Third Country supporters to prevent a State aid investigation into a $900 million energy production facility.
- Reversing an attempt at Authorisation of certain metals-based substances under the EU’s REACH regulation that, if it had proceeded, would have severely affected the European diagnostics, PET, automotive, aerospace and defence, and bio-fuels sectors.
- Successfully engaging with EU institutions, IFI’s, and Third Countries to overcome the unlawful treatment of a $6.2 billion mining and metals project in Sub-Saharan Africa and enabling it to commence production.
- Securing EU, Third Country, IFI, and Multilateral Institutional support against a Sub-Saharan African country’s unlawful seizure and onward sale of mining assets, and contributing toward a $1.2 billion negotiated solution for the loss the client had incurred.
- Securing EU, Third Country, and IFI support to encourage a new Member State to uphold the rule of law and abide by EU directives to issue an EIA permit so a $250 million investment could proceed.
- Advising and properly positioning a mining company investing in two, difficult political and regulatory jurisdictions to enable the subsequent sale of the company for $2.2 billion.